I recently had the privilege of chatting with Dr. Dennis Kalob, a visiting professor in sociology at Manhattan College, to better gauge his philosophy as a progressive and see where Bernie supporters may have common ground with libertarians. Dr. Kalob shared his insight and informed us of his worldview, and it seems apparent that there is a good deal of common ground between our philosophies. I think Dr. Kalob is a capitalist and he just doesn’t know it!
Some of the questions I asked Dr. Kalob included:
- Why are you supporting Bernie Sanders for President?
- Should the government regulate free speech?
- Should the government end the War on Drugs?
- What does a just society look like to you?
- Is there a such thing as an objective morality?
- What is a right?
- Do humans act on incentives?
- If raising carbon taxes decreases a business’ incentive to pollute, will raising taxes on the cost of employment make people do less of this as well?
- Is your life better when your interactions are voluntary or coerced?
Watch on YouTube or listen to the audio